11.07.2014

Unexpected.

Life is full of unexpected moments.

Like realizing that a year ago I was living in Franklin, TN just going about my day-to-day with no clue that in just 9 months I would be selling my home and pretty much everything I own and moving to Colorado.

Like 4 years ago when I knew I was going to be laid off in a little over a month, had no prospects job-wise but on the day I lost one job, I also started another...and 4 years later it's still the best job I've ever had.

Like 15 years ago when I sat in my illustration professor's office and told him through tears that I just wasn't good enough to be an art major and wouldn't be coming back the next semester and he looked me in the eyes and said, "You've got something special. Please don't give up." A conversation that changed the course of my life and career.

Like today, when I sat with a group of young women and shared life's struggles. I shared some of the things God continues to lay on my heart. I realized He laid them on mine so I could share it with them. The night ended with hugs, coffees scheduled, and a continually deepening passion to pour into the lives of younger women. I drove home tonight realizing that even if I don't know what my life looks like tomorrow, next week or a month from now, I know one thing with confidence: this is where I'm supposed to be today.

Here. In Colorado. At Flatirons. Loving God and loving people.

You see, life is full of unexpected moments to us, but nothing is unexpected to Him. Every day, every moment, every second is significant to the One who created you. Pay attention. Ask. Be available. Listen.

Because God knows how today affects tomorrow, next month, next year and 15 years from now. Today is significant. Don't waste it.

Expect the unexpected.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...