I'm sure this goes for everyone, but when I'm overwhelmed or stressed, sometimes I just need to take a breather from what I'm doing and switch gears. Today was one of those days - emails and projects out the wazoo and a lot to accomplish in a short amount of time. Around 4:00 I was beginning to feel fried and just needed to walk away from the computer for about 30 minutes. It seemed about as good a time as any to start fixing something for dinner, so I took my stress out on some eggs :). I fixed a ham & Swiss quiche, balsamic green beans and honey lime cantaloupe. The best part of the meal is the fact that it's all completely low-fat and healthy. I'm not sure I've mentioned them yet, but Trader Joe's brand of frozen green beans are AMAZING. It's $1.99 for a large bag and they taste like they were just freshly snapped from the garden. I made a small mixture of balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, pepper, brown sugar and olive oil and after steaming the beans, put them in a Tupperware container sealed with a lid and shook 'em up. Sometimes you just gotta give a little "kick" to your vegetables, but doing that without defeating their whole purpose (i.e. smothering them in cheese) is sometimes a challenge. So...dinner's ready, stress dissipated, and there was no chocolate or crying involved :).
6.06.2011
What's for Dinner?
I'm sure this goes for everyone, but when I'm overwhelmed or stressed, sometimes I just need to take a breather from what I'm doing and switch gears. Today was one of those days - emails and projects out the wazoo and a lot to accomplish in a short amount of time. Around 4:00 I was beginning to feel fried and just needed to walk away from the computer for about 30 minutes. It seemed about as good a time as any to start fixing something for dinner, so I took my stress out on some eggs :). I fixed a ham & Swiss quiche, balsamic green beans and honey lime cantaloupe. The best part of the meal is the fact that it's all completely low-fat and healthy. I'm not sure I've mentioned them yet, but Trader Joe's brand of frozen green beans are AMAZING. It's $1.99 for a large bag and they taste like they were just freshly snapped from the garden. I made a small mixture of balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, pepper, brown sugar and olive oil and after steaming the beans, put them in a Tupperware container sealed with a lid and shook 'em up. Sometimes you just gotta give a little "kick" to your vegetables, but doing that without defeating their whole purpose (i.e. smothering them in cheese) is sometimes a challenge. So...dinner's ready, stress dissipated, and there was no chocolate or crying involved :).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment