6.26.2011

Training Wheels.


"God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us." -Eph 3:20 MSG

The past several months have been a huge learning curve for me.  One small change has been a major life adjustment (in a good way, mind you), but in some ways I feel like I just got my training wheels off and am learning how to ride my bike for the first time.  I'm trying to figure out how to keep moving forward in a purposeful manner while still keeping everything in balance.  I'm learning how much I can/can't commit to, how to balance work/relationships/fitness/free time, a new way of budgeting, a new type of structure and more than anything, a greater stretch of my faith.  I'm at-a-loss-for-words-grateful, challenged, completely overwhelmed, sometimes stressed and yet more aware than ever before of just how much God is in every detail of my life.

If I'm completely honest, I will say that my bike is still a little wobbly and I'm not yet riding at a fast, effortless, confident pace.  I still have days where I end up having to cancel coffee with a friend due to work, am up into the wee hours of the morning finishing a project only to wake up at the crack of dawn to start the next day again, and sometimes feel like I need 12 more hours in each day in order to accomplish all that needs to be done.  I dream big and then feel crushed by reality.  I live in the boundaries that exist and have a hard time seeing beyond where I currently am.

I love that in every season of life - God meets you where you are. Just recently he connected me with someone through a mutual friend - and it really all began with just needing help to design various pieces for a family wedding.  That first coffee turned into several more, all of them leaving me encouraged, refreshed and inspired.  This past week I went over to her house to help dream up designs for their home and her husband sat me down and gave me a "talkin' to".  I wish I could write up word-for-word what he shared with me, but it was one of those moments where you just know so clearly that God is speaking to you.  He dared me to dream bigger, to believe in myself and to not let the current boundaries keep me from living a larger life.  I can't put into words what it feels like to have someone sit across from you and tell you how much they believe in you (especially when that person is not related to you and you don't feel like they are obligated to do so :)).  He inspired me to pedal faster, try new routes, climb the intimidating hills and take my hands of the handle bars. God has paved the way - I just need to move forward in confidence.

God can do anything - far more than you could ever imagine, guess or request in your wildest dreams!  Why on earth would you settle for anything less?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...