The past week or so in TN has been hot, but absolutely beautiful. I find myself highly motivated to get all of my work finished so that I can just spend even one hour at the pool, soaking up some sun, listening to music and reading a good book. Yesterday I did just that and when my roommate got home, I had just returned from the pool and was absolutely craving an ice cream cone. She had a few things she wanted to pick up at TJMaxx, so still sportin' my swimsuit and coverup, we took off. I had no intentions of purchasing anything other than my ice cream, but when I found this little guy on clearance for $4.50, I was so excited! I had seen this chopper on Dr. Oz several months ago - the Chef'n GarlicZoom. It's intended to be used to finely chop cloves of garlic, but Dr. Oz had recommended it to chop not only garlic, but fresh herbs as well. Trying to get all of your cilantro finely diced can be quite a chore...and using this tool just feels like you're playing with your food :).
It's the small things here people...small things :). Anyhow, when I'm not rolling around my kitchen chopping fresh herbs (or maybe the soundtrack when I am)...here's what I'm listening to...
Lady Antebellum performed their newest single, "Just a Kiss" on the CMT's (which I actually didn't get to watch, but saw this video after hearing about it repeatedly on the radio today). Gonna be honest, the performance didn't really blow me away like the radio stations built it up to be, but regardless, I love the single. You can even purchase the MP3 on Amazon right now for just $.69!
The Civil Wars recommended We Are Augustines since their song, "Headlong into the Abyss" was iTunes free single this week. You know, I love the sound, but wasn't in love with the voice immediately...but it's definitely growing on me! The more I listen to it, the more I like it. Check it out!
This is random, but they keep showing a commercial on NBC and "My Kind of Town" is the theme song...so it's just been stuck in my head for the past several days. Frank is an oldie-but-goodie that's always worth bringing back. :)
And finally...because it's summer and it always makes me miss the tall corn and soft grass of Iowa, I find myself humming Tim McGraw's "Green Grass Grows". It might be the theme song of my life :).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment