How often in life do you chase after something you want? Probably pretty often, right? Whether it be saving up for a big purchase or taking the steps to complete your education or just pursuing someone or something that you know God's placed in your life. You may not feel like you're "out-of-breathe-running-as-fast-as-you-can", but you're in motion, you're pursuing, you're chasing. I've been actually sitting on that word for a few days now because it keeps coming up in conversation. When I think about chasing it stirs a passion in me as it makes me think about chasing after God and pursuing his heart. That kind of chasing makes me want to run in a way that I would be spiritually out-of-breathe in the sense that I have run hard and fast towards Him. But, what God has been teaching me lately about chasing is a whole different concept. It's the idea of what happens when you haven't chased after something....and God just gives it to you.
It's the phone call you unexpectedly receive saying, "Hi, my name is so-and-so and I saw your work and wanted to know if you would be interested in interviewing for a job at my company" or the surprise refund that comes in the mail from an overcharge to a bill. It's the person you pass while walking into a store that says, "I have this in-store credit that expires today, do you want to use it?" That has seriously been my life the past several months...in so much greater detail.
I think sometimes God opens doors because He is showing you the direction to go, but I also think sometimes God provides opportunities so that it causes you to throw all your cards on the table and really evaluate where you're at. For instance, you get the unexpected phone call offering you a job, but that doesn't necessarily mean you should jump at the opportunity and immediately say yes. It may be God's way of causing you to really take a look at where you're at, what your priorities are and re-evaluate what matters. Maybe it will cause you to be more grateful for where you're already working. Maybe it will cause you to dream bigger because it boosted your confidence. All I'm saying is that it's all unto a purpose, just don't miss out on what God is trying to show you.
If you had chased after it, I wonder if you would recognize it was really from God.
It's the phone call you unexpectedly receive saying, "Hi, my name is so-and-so and I saw your work and wanted to know if you would be interested in interviewing for a job at my company" or the surprise refund that comes in the mail from an overcharge to a bill. It's the person you pass while walking into a store that says, "I have this in-store credit that expires today, do you want to use it?" That has seriously been my life the past several months...in so much greater detail.
I think sometimes God opens doors because He is showing you the direction to go, but I also think sometimes God provides opportunities so that it causes you to throw all your cards on the table and really evaluate where you're at. For instance, you get the unexpected phone call offering you a job, but that doesn't necessarily mean you should jump at the opportunity and immediately say yes. It may be God's way of causing you to really take a look at where you're at, what your priorities are and re-evaluate what matters. Maybe it will cause you to be more grateful for where you're already working. Maybe it will cause you to dream bigger because it boosted your confidence. All I'm saying is that it's all unto a purpose, just don't miss out on what God is trying to show you.
If you had chased after it, I wonder if you would recognize it was really from God.


1 comment:
Love this, Trish! Boy can I relate. Thinking we need to set up our next get together soon:)
Post a Comment