Oh Chicago, how I love you. Even your windburn. :)
I arrived last night to a lovely flurry of snowflakes and a winter wonderland. Given my love for all things winter, it was as if Chicago was preparing for my arrival :).
I met up with the girls at the hotel and stayed up late catching up and watching the "best of" The Office episodes on tv. When we finally crawled into bed, we ending up chatting and laughing some more (we're such girls) before finally calling it a night and catching some sleep. No alarm was set...it's vacation...that's a rule :). We took our time getting ready, had our morning coffee/tea at Argo (love!) and took off for the Shedd Aquarium since it was free today. Afterwards we took a quick ride on the bus and a short walk to Fox & Oble for a late lunch and coffee before heading back to the hotel for a quick change of clothes for the night out. The rest of the girls are at the Palace Theater watching Les Miserables as I write this. I know, some of you just gasped thinking, "Trish! Why aren't you there?!" I saw Les Mis in NYC just a few years ago, and while I LOVE it, I didn't really want to spend $100 on a ticket, but I also didn't want the girls to spend less on my account since some of them have never seen it. So I told them to get the BEST seats they could get and that I would be happy to kill time at a cafe nearby. I had work to catch up on - so it actually worked out perfectly. I can't wait to hear all about it from them! Their excitement and enthusiasm will be just as much fun for me!
I love that our plan is to not have a plan. All of us are just so excited to spend time together that what we do or do not accomplish is completely irrelevant. We're in Chicago. Together. Making memories. That, in itself...totally worth the trip.
I arrived last night to a lovely flurry of snowflakes and a winter wonderland. Given my love for all things winter, it was as if Chicago was preparing for my arrival :).
I met up with the girls at the hotel and stayed up late catching up and watching the "best of" The Office episodes on tv. When we finally crawled into bed, we ending up chatting and laughing some more (we're such girls) before finally calling it a night and catching some sleep. No alarm was set...it's vacation...that's a rule :). We took our time getting ready, had our morning coffee/tea at Argo (love!) and took off for the Shedd Aquarium since it was free today. Afterwards we took a quick ride on the bus and a short walk to Fox & Oble for a late lunch and coffee before heading back to the hotel for a quick change of clothes for the night out. The rest of the girls are at the Palace Theater watching Les Miserables as I write this. I know, some of you just gasped thinking, "Trish! Why aren't you there?!" I saw Les Mis in NYC just a few years ago, and while I LOVE it, I didn't really want to spend $100 on a ticket, but I also didn't want the girls to spend less on my account since some of them have never seen it. So I told them to get the BEST seats they could get and that I would be happy to kill time at a cafe nearby. I had work to catch up on - so it actually worked out perfectly. I can't wait to hear all about it from them! Their excitement and enthusiasm will be just as much fun for me!
I love that our plan is to not have a plan. All of us are just so excited to spend time together that what we do or do not accomplish is completely irrelevant. We're in Chicago. Together. Making memories. That, in itself...totally worth the trip.


1 comment:
Oh, Argo Tea, how I love thee. So glad you're having a good time and experiencing so much wonderfulness. My parents were telling me last night how cold it's been there...hope you're keeping warm!
Post a Comment