2.03.2011

Ten things I love (well, shallow things :))

In no particular order...

1. Fonts. Fonts. Fonts.
Seriously, if you even started the conversation with me about fonts and why I love them and how they're important...well, it's probably a can of worms you'd regret opening :).  I could go on and on and on.....and on....  My heart starts to race and I feel like I can't get quite put into words my excitement for all the different varieties and the fonts I have on my "wish list" and the new fonts that were just released that I'm totally coveting... It's weird. I know. I've embraced it.  Some people want big houses and fancy cars. I want fonts...

2. ...and Shoes :)
I mean, come on, what girl doesn't love her shoes?  My roommate in college referred to them as my "children" and would sometimes tell me that I wasn't doing a good job as a parent since some shoes were not worn as often and were being neglected.  She said I needed to let them go to a home where they would be loved and given the proper amount of attention.  Obviously it was an unhealthy relationship. With my roommate of course.  I mean, who would ask a girl to part with her shoes?! 
(kidding of course...love you, Lisa! :))

3.  Costco
Seriously, I love that place.  I don't have a family to feed, so it's rare that I actually purchase large quantities of food there, but I just love wandering the store and appreciating the deals sometimes!  I was just there the other day to purchase my $6 ginormous tub of hummus (I love hummus, what can I say?  Plus, it doesn't expire until March...so don't worry, I'll take my time :)) and when I was walking to the cash register I spotted the largest jar of sun dried tomatoes I have ever seen. For $9.  I almost peed my pants (it's the small things in life I tell ya).  I love sun dried tomatoes, but can rarely justify spending $4 on the teeeeenytiny jar that you buy at the grocery store.  This is like at least 8 of those jars put together...for $9.  I felt like I was at a flea market where someone didn't know the value of the item they were selling.  I almost yelled "SUCKA!" at the cashier, but was afraid the outburst my result in the confiscation of my tomatoes, so I refrained.

4.  Apple Products
I'm not going to even dive into my obsession with all apple products and how I could not survive without them (and no, I do not have them all...not even close), so I'll just say "once you go mac you won't go back" and leave it at that :).

5.  Tour buses & hotels
I love cubbies on tour buses.  I think it's the best sleep imaginable and I sometimes dream of the day that I can spend weeks on end sleeping in that tiny cubby.  That's a dream vacation right there :).  I also love hotels and wouldn't mind just staying in a local hotel for a weekend with no plans whatsoever.  I mean, how often do you actually enjoy the hotel?  Usually it's just the place to sleep and shower amidst the rest of your vacation plans.  Seems like such a waste sometimes.

6.  Camping
Just as much as I love cubbies and hotels, I love waking up in a tent.  I love campfires, tossing a frisbee and roasting hot dogs and s'mores. I love whitewater rafting and ending the day sleeping in a tent...especially if it cools down just enough to want to burrow in your sleeping bag to keep warm.  Sometimes, I like to take a camping spot for RVs and bring an extension cord and watch movies off the laptop in the tent.  It's like cheater camping, but it's still pretty awesome :).

7.  Call of Duty
I love that game. I already blogged about how much I love it, so I'm going to stop at that, but they just came out with a new version (Call of Duty Black Ops: First Strike) on Tuesday which has me dreaming of more Call of Duty action. 

8.  Snow
I loooooooooooove snow.  Maybe it's because I grew up with tons of it, but I love it.  I think it's romantic and beautiful and fun.  I love that snow causes whole cities to shut down and be forced to curl up at home together.  I love that it is like a surprise that often comes while you're sleeping and greets you (and especially little children) with such excitement in the morning.  I love how bright it makes everything feel. I love the playfulness it brings - adults and children throwing snowballs at each other, sledding, building snowman, skiing, snowmobiling...you never outgrow any of those activities.  I love coming in from being out in the snow and warming up by the fire while drinking hot chocolate and watching old movies.  I could go on and on...but I think you get the idea.  I know there are many reasons not to like it, but you'll never win me over.  I'm already a lost cause :).

9.  Cinnamon
I love the smell and the taste.  Hot Tamales have been my favorite candy for as long as I can remember.  Once in a while my roommate will just surprise me with a box for no reason and it makes.my.day.  I honestly don't think I could ever get tired of them.  Also, I don't even drink Mt. Dew, but long ago discovered that it goes perfectly with the spice of the Hot Tamales.  All of that is sounding soo good right about now...

10.  Bags
I love purses, but I almost love a good tote or suitcase even more.  Shoes and bags...I guess it just confirms that I'm very much a girl.  You can never have enough because there will always be another "specific" purpose for needing another bag.  But don't worry...I love them all equally the same...just like my "children" ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...