2.21.2011

Love a good bargain!

So...I have this pair of shoes that have been a year+ long "love/hate" relationship.  You see, I went to one of those "get the perfect fit for your foot" stores about a year and a half ago and paid out the wazooo for a really nice and attractive pair of New Balance tennis shoes.  I love New Balance - have had several great pairs of New Balance tennis shoes over the years...but not this pair.  The first pair I wore around the house a bit before going for a "test run" only to be met with massive blisters on both heels when I returned home.  I seriously had to wear flip flops to work for a week - my feet were in such pain.  So, I returned the shoes for a different size - hoping maybe that was the issue. Nope. A year and a half later, I still get blisters even if I wear them just while I'm out and about during the day.  So...even though I feel like it's a waste of a great (and expensive) pair of shoes...it's time to move on.

I hit up Kohl's the other day and while I was wandering around the store, decided to check out the athletic shoe selection.  Anyone that shops Kohl's knows that it's a bargain waiting to happen pretty much every day.  I tried on several pairs of shoes - all of them comfortable and pretty cute, and then I saw a pair that honestly wouldn't have been my first choice "look wise", but as soon as I put them on I fell in love.  They fit my foot like a glove - and actually, I loved the way they looked when wearing them way more than I did on the shelf.  In fact, another girl was at the store trying on shoes as well and we had kind of struck up a conversation since we were trying on all the same pairs - in the same size.  When she saw me in this particular pair she said, "Those look surprisingly cute on.  Are they comfy?" I'm like, "Girl, you have got to try on this pair. They feel fantastic!"  She did - and proceeded to walk out the door with a pair for herself.  I, however, was not in love enough to pay the $75 price tag.  So, I waited.  I'm happy to say I walked out of Kohl's this morning with a brand new pair of shoes for a total of $19.46.  Now that's what I call a bargain!


1 comment:

HopefulLeigh said...

I love bargain shopping! Good deal, Trish.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...