Tonight at Kairos, Mike spoke on "Waiting" and the one thing that he said that really stuck with me was that we live the first half of our life "getting" and the rest of our life learning how to "let go". All of that requires waiting. I'm still chewing on it all...thinking about the fact that I'm still in the young half of my life where dreams are still a possibility, but also realizing even still, there are some I've had to let go of already. What's amazing about God though...he truly gives you the desires of your heart...even if they don't come in the same package that you expected. So, I may have "let go" of some of MY dreams, but I know full well that God's plans for me are so much bigger, so much better...and definitely not less. I was talking with a friend this past weekend and we were discussing how often you kick & scream with God in regards to wanting things to go "your way" and yet in the end, when God intervenes (whether you cave or not :)), you look back and think - why did I freak out?! What a total waste of energy! If I had only known...I would have trusted him immediately rather than trying it my own way. Ohhh...if we only learned from our mistakes and never tried to control our own lives. Learning as I go...and I hope I'm always learning.
Love the lyrics to this song...
I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait
I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait
I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord
"While I'm Waiting" -John Waller
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment