I always joke that music (and sarcasm :)) is one of my love languages - and of course, while it's not one of the "Five Love Languages" - it is definitely one way that God has always used to speak to my heart. I'm telling you - no matter what I'm going through - happy or sad - in the moment I'm in, if I turn on the radio or plug in the ipod...God orchestrates what comes on. This is a song from Bebo Norman's "Between the Dreaming and the Coming True" (what a great title, no?) and when I start to feel anxious about life, uncertainties, circumstances...you name it...this song is my prayer...
God, My God
I cry out
Your beloved needs you now
God be near
Calm my fear
And take my doubt
Your kindness is what pulls me up
Your love is all that draws me in
I will lift eyes
To the maker of the mountains I can't climb
I will lift eyes
To the calmer of the oceans raging wild
I will lift my eyes
To the healer of the hurt I hold inside
I will lift my eyes, lift my eyes to You
God, My God
Let mercy sing
Your melody over me
And God right here
All I bring is all of me
Your kindness is what pulls me up
Your love is all that draws me in
Because you are and you were and you will be forever
You're all that I need to save me
Because you fasten me up and
You hold me together God
So hold me now
God, My God
I cry out
Your beloved needs you now
"I Will Lift My Eyes" - Bebo Norman
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Music is one of my love languages too, Trish. I completely understand! Incidentally, God has used that particular Bebo song on me a time or two.
Post a Comment