Okay, normally I am not one to post about beauty or fashion (considering for the most part I haven't got a clue :)), so the fact that I'm blogging about it two days in a row is even more strange. Most of this is stuff I've been using for a long time now, but figured I love it so much I should share it! So here goes...
My friend Kelly recommended Moroccan Oil to me this past summer and by the enthusiasm and expression on her face when she talked about it (and the fact that she has gorgeous hair :)), I knew I had to try it out. I didn't love it at first because although it doesn't make your hair heavy or greasy like other smoothing creams and oils, my hair just didn't have the body that I was looking for when I used it. That was until I discovered...
Catwalk by Tigi Root Boost. This stuff is amazing. I swear by it! I have used many root boost type of products over the years and never thought any of them lived up to their promise. I have gotten co-workers and friends hooked on this stuff. What I love even more is the fact that the root boost works SO well with my dry shampoo on the days I don't wash my hair (I only use root boost on the days I wash my hair, but the texture it gave my hair works great with dry shampoo the day after). Now, combine the Moroccan oil with the root boost...and you might just have the perfect hair :).
Now, onto nails :). I have always been a pedicure girl (my mom may not be a high maintenance woman, but she always has her toenails painted!), but randomly in the last month I've come to love have my fingernails painted. I've always hated it in the past because I've always felt like you had to have long nails in order to paint them...and I can't stand long nails - especially since I work on the computer all day and the clicking would drive me nutty. Now it seems that the trend is more toward short, trimmed nails...and I'm a big fan! My favorite nail polish that is pretty much my "staple" is O.P.I. "Over the Taupe". It's the perfect blend of chocolate and grey.
If you're a fan of manicures but hate the fact that you pay all that money and then proceed to chip your nails the day after and curse the money you've wasted...then this, my friends, is what you've been waiting for! My friend Keely introduced me to Shellac a few weeks ago...and I think it's one of the coolest things! It dries quickly and is guaranteed not to chip, smear or smudge in at least 14 days (although it really will hold longer...your nail bed will just grow out by then).
So there you have it - my beautfy finds/recommendations. I promise to move back to something of more substance tomorrow :).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment