but I'm certainly not a fashion expert or stylist of any kind. If you saw the items of clothing I am wearing today, you would never trust a word I say in regards to fashion (and I say "items" because I'm pretty sure nothing I have on can be combined into any semblance of an "outfit"). Regardless, I do get really "inspired" when cold weather hits because I love fall/winter fashion. I love sweaters, boots, coats, scarves...all things cozy and warm. So, just for kicks I decided to assemble a little "outfit" that I'm loving right now based on a few items I already own and more that are on my "wishlist".
Now, I know there are some of you (like me) who would strongly believe that you cannot wear the latest trend of skinny jeans or "jeggings". It's completely unnatural (although not unusual) to have to tug that hard to get on a pair of pants. On top of that, nothing should really hug your hiney that tightly unless you have Heidi Klum's derriere...and let me reassure you, I don't. But if we all wore moo-moo's because we didn't have Giselle's great bust and abs, then how would the GAP ever stay in business?
As I said before, I may not be a fashionista, but I am a very observent person. I have seen women of all sizes wearing skinny jeans and while some have worn them in way that was NOT flattering, other "curvier" women have pulled them off in a way that sheds pounds from their figure! And unless you have a metabolism that causes you to lose 5lbs everytime you eat a donut, who wouldn't like to look a little leaner? Again, I'm no expert here, but my personal view is that it's all about the combination in which you wear things. I think if you wear fitted jeans with a great pair of boots (that are a little "loose" around the knee) and a top that is not so fitted or longer in length...it's completely stylish and flattering all at the same time.
So, all that to say...here's where you can find the outfit I've assembled...
Sweater: $69
Denim Leggings: $20
Boots: $60
Handbag: $340 (I know, more expensive than the entire outfit, but it's SO BEAUTIFUL!! Plus, being genuine Italian leather...it will only look better with age)
Earrings: $18 (one of my favorite stores!)
Headband: $20
Total Cost for ensemble (without purse): $187
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment