8.05.2010

Puzzle

Do you ever have those moments in the midst of a conversation where something comes out of your mouth and you think, "Wow! Where did that even come from?!"  I think sometimes it's like the Holy Spirit is speaking to you...and you just hadn't realized it until you said it out loud.  Does that make sense?

Last night I was chatting with one of my good friends about life, dreams, plans, etc.  In the midst of this conversation, I said to her, "I just feel like I'm a puzzle piece.  I know I'm in the right puzzle...I'm just not in the right spot yet."  It's like words came out of my mouth...and then they started to soak in and I began thinking on that a bit more.  Sometimes in the midst of our story or "puzzle" if you will, it's uncomfortable.  Life is messy, flawed and imperfect, but God has created a beautiful puzzle of each of our lives and every tiny detail is important and without each one, your puzzle would be incomplete.  It's not that God places us in the wrong spot on the puzzle.  It may not even be that we're literally in the "wrong spot" - it's more the idea of being in the midst of the journey and having to go through some "uncomfortable" fits before you find your "right" one.  You may get a little beat up and bent along the way, but those are the things that form your character and make you into the person that you are.  They are not flaws, merely the parts that make up the greater story.  I'm not sure if I'm even making sense in all of this...it's just one of those things that my heart understands, but sometimes my words fail to communicate.

All I know is that God has painted an amazing, one-of-a-kind, bazillion piece puzzle of my life that is beautiful beyond words.  Each piece is a tiny detail that tells a story - whether something hard, sad, funny or embarassing :)...but without each piece, my story would not be complete.  And the end result, without a doubt, is the kind of thing that takes your breathe away.  Something so beautiful & complex that no man could have orchestrated it.  It's God's creation, and because of that...flaws and all...it's perfect and beautiful and worth the journey it took to get there.

1 comment:

HopefulLeigh said...

That is beautiful, Trish! Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...