I've been enjoying a little Pomplamoose while recovering from almost 4 hours of incredibly humid but oh-so-amazingly fun & intense sand volleyball. To say I was gross at the end would be a huge understatement. Sweat and sand are a nasty combination, but totally worth turning my car into a sandbox. Anyhow, back to Pomplamoose....very different sound...sometimes almost "spoken", but kinda quirky-great in its own, unique way.
Well...it's midnight...so I really need to crash (and my eyes and body are gnagging me to cooperate), but I wanted to quickly update a few things since i do that so rarely these days (but at least I still send out music, yeah??). Yesterday I went to the sleep doctor because, well, mainly because I'm tired. I felt totally lame & ridiculous going because - hello, who isn't tired?? I have issues sleeping through my alarm and falling asleep while driving though, so my mom has been bugging me to go get it all checked out. After a lengthy conversation and lots of questions from the sleep specialist the dr. informs me that he thinks I'm sleeping fine - doesn't sound like sleep apnea. I'm like, see?? I'm fine. Then he says, "I actually think there's a strong possiblity you could have narcolepsy." I am not kidding when I say I was trying not to laugh. All I could picture are those people in movies that collapse mid-sentence and fall asleep. Apparently there are various forms though....so after I return from my roadtrip I head to the Sleep Center for a night and the following day. Who knows?
Speaking of the roadtrip - we leave on Thursday! I can hardly believe it's almost here! I'll go into much greater detail in another post, but basically we're hitting 4 cities in 6 days and travelling somewhere around 1500 miles. I'm stoked! Mostly because we're heading to Iowa and man, oh, man...I miss it! I haven't been back in almost 7 years! Insane. Completely crazy. I just might stay.
And on a completely unrelated note....thank you, Lord, for air conditioning. It's what makes the summer months livable. Autumn...feel free to come any day now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Pomplamoose is fun! On an unrelated musical style note, have you listened to Matthew Perryman Jones at all? He is fantastic and coming to town next month!
It sounds like the sleep study is a good idea. Falling asleep while you drive doesn't sound like the best thing. Hope they can come up with some good solutions for you!
Enjoy your road trip. Sounds like it'll be a blast. I don't fully understand your love of Iowa but since I hold Illinois near and dear to my heart, I'm not one to talk:)
Post a Comment