I realized that although I update things on my personal facebook page, the pictures don't always tell the story, and I want to be able to look back and remember every detail of all the moments of my life...especially the really fantastic ones!
Last Friday I hosted a "mustache madness game night" at my place. As usual, I was inspired to create a mustache party mainly because I wanted to create a mustache invitation :). I had actually created on several months ago for a friend's birthday party, but she decided to go a different direction, so I just held onto it waiting for the perfect opportunity to use it for something else.
Friday was that night.
I had made a Goodwill run earlier in the week for various pieces I need to collect for a couple's shower coming up and found a fantastic "vintage" looking sheet. I knew whether or not it would work for the upcoming shower, for $3, I had to have it. I took some twine and adhesive hooks and strung it across the bar area of my kitchen...creating the perfect backdrop for the food spread. Then I printed the words "mustache madness" in the fun, scribbly font I used on the invite and mounted them onto posterboard...along with a giant mustache. I had a box of oversized christmas bulbs (I love those things!) that I draped around everything, and then I made tiny little labels for each food item that had a coordinating "mustache" name (and picture) - like the handlebar ham rolls with an illustration of a man wearing a handlebar mustache. I made use of the various wooden items I own (I love wood, trees, anything rustic...so i have quite a collection!)...many purchased recently at the flea market. The menu was not fancy by any means, but rather easy to make the night before and either store for the next day or pop in the oven before everyone arrived. Things like spinach dip & chips, brown sugar ham rolls, lemon cookies, nutella cookies, chex mix, animal crackers, various candy and old fashioned type bottles of root beer & cream soda. Not healthy by any means, but hey, it's game night :).
I invited all the people I play volleyball with on a regular basis because I have so much fun playing volleyball with them, but have rarely had the opportunity to get to know them outside of that. I knew it could potentially be a unique dynamic, but I love having people in my home, meeting new people and building new relationships, so I was pretty excited about it! The evening may have started out a little quiet and a little slow, but by the end of the night we were almost in tears from laughing so hard! Definitely the way every day should end :).
Enjoy the pictures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment