I recently posted a "save the date" I created on Frilly Milly's facebook page (which, by the way, if you are not a "fan" yet - please become one!). I had so much fun creating it - mostly because Lauren did such an excellent job with the photography that it made my job so incredibly easy. Plus, I love being able to be a part of two dynamic people uniting in marriage even in the simple way of creating a save the date.
I know this is probably lame, and probably entirely overthinking things, but is it shallow and meaningless to enjoy making things beautiful?? The other day an intern at work was helping me on a project and he said, "Trish, what is your favorite thing to do?". I kinda paused for a second and then said, "I just love making things pretty for other people." I immediately felt ridiculous for saying that - I felt like I should have some greater more meaningful desire, but at the same time...it was the first thought that came to mind, and also entirely honest. I mean, I love Jesus. I really do. I want my life to be a reflection of Him, but then I think - does the way things look really matter to Him? Am I being too much of a Martha and not enough of a Mary? Should it matter less how things look or how coordinated all the pieces are? I know it's crazy, but I just need to know how the passion I have for designing fits into the kingdom. Maybe it's simple and staring me in the face and I'm completely missing it?
Just thoughts I'm thinking....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Isn't that what Jesus does? Doesn't he take things that are not beautiful and make them that way? People, marriages, relationships, etc. I don't think it's shallow at all. It's a reflection of what God calls us to do... love Him and love one another.
I agree with Beth ... not shallow at all. I keep thinking about creation and how God did that first, before he created man. I believe He wanted to give us something beautiful. I think the work you do calls focus back to ceremonies and events and moments that really matter - the really beautiful moments some people don't have time to notice. You make them notice. I find that crazy lovely.
Post a Comment