7.12.2010

Between The Dreaming And The Coming True

That was the title of an old Bebo Norman album...and it's always kinda stuck with me because I feel like a lot of times that's exactly where I am...somewhere between the dreaming & the coming true.

I'm a dreamer. Big time. You can ask anyone that knows me - especially my roommate.  On a weekly basis I have some random, grandiose idea of something I want to do.  Some are legitimate and things I lay before the Lord, others are just fanciful and more of the "wouldn't that be great?" kinda dreams, and others are the "pack your bags, let's go!" spontaneous type that are what make life so crazy and exciting!

Lately I've been dreaming big.  I heard it said once that God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow in them.  I like that.  I know from God's faithfulness in my life that His plans for me have always been a size bigger - a size GREATER - than what I would have wholeheartedly pursued on my own.  That is often where you find yourself stuck in the in between...the "pursuit"...when you begin to take that dream and run with it, not asking God, not laying it before the Lord...and most importantly, not waiting.

Ugghhhh....waiting. It kills me!

I am a planner, I like all my pieces to fit nicely together in a perfectly shaped puzzle, and I like it to be assembled well before I need it so that I know I'm prepared.  A wise friend recently reminded me that with God, it doesn't always "make sense".  Sometimes the numbers just don't add up, the details are not spelled out and the timing (ohhh the timing!!) is not what you would prefer, but always, always what is best for you.

I feel like this post may not even make complete sense (it is after midnight...I tend to get a bit loopy :)), but hopefully you at least hear my heart.  All I really want to say is - dream BIG.  Ask the Lord what he would have for you, give him your dreams and patiently wait and pray as God grows you into them.

1 comment:

HopefulLeigh said...

You're not that loopy- you perfectly described where I'm at. Glad to know I'm not alone!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...