sore. Really sore!
Last night we had our final tournament games for volleyball. We won the first game then lost the second two (both really close!) and because of that, had to immediately play the next round of games in the losers bracket. We won those 2 games pretty easily, which meant we had to turn around and play the winner's bracket...which was the team that we lost to in the first round. We won the first and second game, but because we lost to them in the first round, we had to play a third game and it was basically first team to 25 wins. We lost 25-24. :-( So, 8 games later, we had a great run, and couldn't have made it any closer. Plus, we worked our butts off for it and had a great time! I will say I am bruised, bruised, bruised! I have strawberries on my knees, elbows and even one on my ankle? No idea how I got that. My right hip has a big welt on it and if that weren't enough, I had worked out yesterday morning doing weight training, abs and a whole crapload of planks and variations of plank moves, so to say my muscles are sore would be an understatement. No pain, no gain, right? :)
We celebrated by enjoying a late dinner at Swanky's (one of the few places that is opened past 10...what's up with this city?!). You know how that goes when you're starving but yet not hungry? So weird. I thought I was going to pass out our 8th game because I hadn't eaten since noon and we just kept playing, playing, playing! Anyhow, we played a little ERS while we waited for our food (I never leave the house without at least one deck of cards in my purse...if not 10 :)) and as always, just enjoyed each other's company. It's been a great season with a fun and talented team...sad it's come to an end. We have another court season starting up in a week or so (although some of our team is not returning) before we head into sand in the summer months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment