4.05.2010

Easter Weekend...International Style

Wow. I am worn out! I feel like I just had 2 weeks worth of fun packed into one weekend!

Friday night we hit the town for a little "Girl's Night Out". We met up at Mellow Mushroom for dinner and sat outside enjoying the gorgeous weather. Of course, we couldn't leave downtown Franklin without a stop at the best (and cutest!) froyo joint, Sweet Cece's. I love sharing my favorite things with my favorite people, so it was fun to introduce the girls to my latest addiction...and get them hooked as well :). We sat outside on a bench, enjoying our "sweet-cup-o-froyo-love", telling stories, laughing hysterically, and watching the line of people flow out the door and around the corner (that place is popular! Holy cow!). After we'd satisfied our sugar craving for the night, we headed out to Rachelle & Jamie's for some Nertz madness. We only lasted until 11:00 or so before calling it a night and making plans to meet up for breakfast the next morning. We can't get enough of each other :).

Saturday we met up for a late breakfast at one of my absolute favorite spots, the Henpeck Market. I'm such a sucker for quaint, "mom & pop" type restaurants...and next to the original Puckett's, this place ranks at the top. We enjoyed a good ole southern breakfast before hittin' up the gift shop upstairs in The Loft. I found some seriously cute placecard holders for our upcoming supper club at Arrington Vineyards. To say Ashley & I are excited about our plan for the night would be an understatement. We're so ridiculously giddy about it we may just blow our life savings on decor and food! Okay, maybe not that crazy, but pretty dang close. We have a theme for the night, I've designed invitations, and there will be meetings to come to discuss the menu, decor and entertainment. It's gonna be epic!

After Henpeck, we hit up the new Goodwill by my house. It's like a goldmine! Apparently the first Saturday of the month, everything in the store is 50% off! Ashley & I found some ridiculously awesome serving dishes for our dinner, bags of silverware (REAL silver) for $2, and some other random decorative items. The rest of the crew scrounged for costumes for that evening's "International Easter Celebration". They found some amazing stuff! After making our final purchases, we headed our seperate ways to get ready for the evening's festivities.

I made a pit-stop at Hobby Lobby and found a few more steals before running to the grocery store to purchase ingredients for my International desserts. I made Baklava from Greece and a simple Sopapilla Cheesecake for Mexico.

At 4:30 I headed over to the Zepeda's house to begin the celebration. There were flags for the countries, food from all over, and crazy costumes! It was seriously fun! We had an amazing dinner, dyed Easter eggs, had communion together, played a ridiculous amount of Nertz and ended the night at 1:40am even though we were still in the middle of a game of Dominos.


We still weren't tired of each other though! We met up at church on Sunday (which I was 45 minutes late for - on EASTER - because I slept through my alarm. Awesome.), had lunch together (all 11 of us!) at Chuy's and only ran home to quickly change clothes before meeting up again at Granny White Park for some sand volleyball, frisbee, whiffle ball and...you guessed it...more Nertz! :) After enjoying every bit of sun we could get, we moved the party over to Sonic and finally called it a night around 9pm.

You'd think we've had our fill of each other...but we already have plans to hang out again tonight :). Life is good.

1 comment:

Erin said...

whew - reading this wore me OUT! sounds like you had an amazing weekend. lots of fun. glad you had lots of friends to enjoy it with!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...