Tonight begins 3 days of cooking. I'm having my volleyball team over for dinner tomorrow night, so I am going to start on some of that this evening and finish it up tomorrow. Before that, I'm going to quickly throw together a batch of nutella heath bar cookies for the Pac Rim team (okay, mostly Nick & Marti...and then the others if they decide to share :)) to take with them as they head out Friday morning.
The menu for tomorrow night is a garlic roasted pork tenderloin in a red wine sauce, carmelized onion mashed potatoes and fresh steamed green beans. Dessert is one of my favorite, simple "go-to" recipes...a kahlua brownie heath bar trifle. Hopefully I'll remember to take pictures and I'll post them on Friday.
Saturday a good friend of mine is having a big yard sale as she is moving out to Cali and needs to downsize. She's a classy gal, so it's almost like a cocktail yard sale :). She's serving mimosas and finger foods, so I'm going to help her out by making a few things. I have a recipe for lemon poppy seed bread that I love, so I think I'll make it into mini muffins. I haven't quite figured out what else I'm going to make...but maybe something like mini quiches, my mom's amazing cheeseball that has cherries, pineapple and pecans in it, cinimini bites or petite scones might also make the cut...we'll just see how much time I have.
Before all of that, I have my annual dentist appointment today...and I'm one of those crazy people that really looks forward to having my teeth cleaned. I just love how they feel afterwards! After that I'm making a quick run to Trader Joe's. I'm out of hummus...and I am completely lost without it. I'm also hoping to make it out to watch my friend Rachelle's indoor soccer game tonight, but we'll see how much time I have.
Enjoy your Wednesday! Hope it's a beautiful day wherever you are!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
What time should we come by?
Trish, if you eat all those sweets that you are making, you should probably go to the dentist twice a year as the ADA recommends... :)
I do actually go twice a year - once every 6 months...but I also don't eat most anything that I make. My rule of thumb is if you're giving it away, it better be full of fat and full of love. :)
Please post your trifle recipe!!!
busy bee. can i have that triffle recipe? thanks friend! wish i was hanging out - you always have fun :)
Post a Comment