Last Friday I led the KSA "Drive-In Movie Night" at the Stardust Drive-In. They don't release the movies until the Monday before the weekend, so it was a toss-up as to what would be showing...and it just so happened to be the "Spring Fling Pajama Party Weekend". So basically it was kid-flick weekend, but I figured out of our possible options, at least it was uber clean rather than horror flick night! We saw the new Dreamworks movie, "How to Train Your Dragon"...which ended up being really cute and funny. Even funnier is the fact that it ended up being freeeeeezing! The temps dropped majorly Friday night, so our crew was sitting outside, bundled from head-to-toe in blankets, sleeping bags, mittens, hats, you name it. We decided to skip the second feature (mainly because our toes were numb and also because the second feature was Tooth Fairy which sounded pretty lame) and instead, headed over to the local Chili's for some grub and conversation. Being that I didn't know the majority of the group before that night, it was fun getting to hang out and get to know each other a little bit more.
Saturday was an "early" morning workout (well...early in my book for a Saturday morning!) and then it was supposed to be a day of cleaning, grocery shopping, etc...but that didn't really end up happening. First, I got sucked into Super Mario Bros., and once I start, I can't stop. Then, I took off to run errands and got a text that a group of peeps were playing sand volleyball and I just couldn't resist. It was a gorgeous sunny day, but just a tad on the windy side. Definitely made for some challenging volleyball, but we still had fun! On the way home I stopped to pick up a movie and then met up with my roommate for some Sweet Cece's action. I love that place! It definitely cures my ice cream craving in a much healthier way. They had red velvet froyo...which was sooo delish!
Sunday morning was church and then sushi with my friend Steph. I think I could eat edamame and sushi every day. Yum! After lunch I made some returns, headed home and chilled for a bit (more Super Mario Bros :)). Jamie & Rachelle came over shortly after and we headed out for dinner before coming back to my place, baking some cookies and watching Undercover Boss (to which we all boo-hoo'd) and Titanic. :) Random choices, but we were just feeling lazy and it's what was on!
So, there you go. I'm sure that was just thrilling to read, but hey, at least I'm doing a better job keeping up with "life"! Hope you enjoyed your weekend too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You and Chip could make a whole day out of Super Mario and Sushi. Come hang out with us!
Post a Comment