There's a lot of things I tinker with, but I'd like to thing I'm smart enough to know where my talents lie and how far my boundaries stretch. An old friend of mine was in charge of an event that happened here in Nashville and asked if I would be interested in photographing the grand opening cocktail. While flattered, and somewhat tempted, I also knew this was a little beyond my expertise...so I passed it on to my friend
Ian, who is a gifted photographer. I had several people who kept telling me I should just
try it..."you never know!", so I tagged along, camera in hand, just to see what it would be like. Now, while the event was beautiful and the building...unreal...I quickly realized it's not exactly my cup-o-tea. You see, I like to take a picture merely because I want to take it. I don't think about whether it's what someone else would like to see or if it captures a certain list of "what" or "who" needs to be captured...it's just because I saw it and it caught my eye. And if it doesn't turn out? Oh well...select>erase. No pressure.
I don't work well under pressure.
This is not news to me...while puking before exams or major projects in college, it became pretty obvious that I don't handle pressure very well.
So, I'll stick to taking pictures of my baking, vacations, and any other random thing that catches my eye now and then. I also enjoy taking pics of various events my company puts on...but I do that from the background...just taking pictures of the event or artist...and although I'm not sure how it's different than, say, a cocktail party, somehow it is...and it doesn't freak me out.
Anyway, here's a few of my favorite pics of the night. Not sure if they are remotely useful to anyone, but...they caught my eye, so I took 'em :).





(P.S. The only reason I put my fake logo on each picture is, #1 - because I figured I should "watermark" them somewhat since they were for a "job"....kinda, but mostly because #2 - I like putting frames and logos on pictures . Don't judge me. :))
2 comments:
Good photos!
They are beautiful Trish! I get what you're saying, but you should give yourself more credit...you take wonderful pictures!
Post a Comment