2.15.2010

Restless.

I really hate admitting how much that word describes me.
Encompasses me.
IS me.

I like to always have something "on the horizon"...whether it's a project I'm working on, a vacation coming up, a trip with my young adult group, a weekend away...always something. I'd like to say it's because I'm a doer and not just a "dreamer", but let's be real here.

I get pretty restless sometimes.

Last week I was in and out of portions of the reCreate conference at Rolling Hills. One morning I arrived early to take pictures and hear one of my coworker's give a little "lecture", and arrived just in time for morning worship. Audrey Assad and Matt Maher were leading worship, and...wow...I'm not sure how to even describe the sacredness that filled the room. It wasn't that feeling of "everyone is singing...I guess I'll join in"...it was like you had to sing. Like your lungs were starting without you and if you didn't let the breath and sound out, you just might explode. You know, that kind of feeling. It was holy and humbling. The words of the chorus just keep repeating in my mind...even several days later.

I am restless,
I am restless,
til I rest in You.

So simple. So powerful. So true.

It's not that God wants us to stop dreaming. He's the author of the biggest, most amazing dreams! It's not that he wants us to stop doing things, planning things, making things happen. None of that in itself is bad. But rather than going at a frantic pace or filling up our schedules to feel justified in our existence or prideful of our importance, we need to find rest...in Him. Trust Him in the dreaming...and everything in between.

And sometimes, in between all the doing, in the midst of the quietest moments...is when many of the greatest dreams begin to come to life.
Be still and know He is God.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...