...or so they say. I'll believe them, only because it's probably also my favorite! The only downside is that I'm always eating breakfast on the go or at my desk, so it limits the "well-balanced" possibilities. Trying to keep with the balance of carbs and proteins, I found this recipe in my Eating for Life cookbook (which I also love). It's so healthy...not to mention delicious!!Turkey Bacon Quiche
4 servings
3 whole wheat tortillas
6 slices turkey bacon (prepared according to package directions, then crumbled)
3 eggs
1 c. egg beaters
1/2 c. light sour cream
1/2 c. milk
3/4 c. lowfat shredded cheddar
1 c. broccoli (fresh or frozen, thawed), broken into small pieces
Preheat oven to 350. Lightly coat pie plate with baking spray. Cover with 3 tortillas - using the first two opposite of each other, then cutting the third in half and placing it on opposite sides of each other, filling in the gaps left by the other two.
In small bowl, whisk together the 3 eggs and 1 c. egg beaters. Add in sour cream and milk until combined. Stir in bacon, shredded cheddar and broccoli (I also added in some chopped onion, green and red bell pepper and 1/2 t. pepper).
Pour into tortilla lined pie plate and bake for 40-50 minutes or until eggs are "set" when you tap the side of the pan.
If you're in need of a quick breakfast like myself, just cut it up, separate into individual storage containers and pop in the microwave when you're ready to enjoy!

1 comment:
Is it coming to the office? That is the question.
Post a Comment