As I said in a previous post, I'm always trying to find healthy, quick, "on-the-go" breakfast ideas. I had 2 very ripe bananas that I needed to make use of (sidenote: if you don't want to bake with ripe bananas, just pull of the peel, split in half and put into ziplock freezer bags. Works great for smoothies later!), so I did some searching and found a recipe on a website that I started with...and then of course made my own changes and additions. The final recipe turned out great! It's not the same consistency as a normal, "non-healthy" banana muffin (little more dense), but for its nutrition value, it's delish!High Protein Banana Muffins
In a medium bowl, combine:
• 6 Tbsp Plain Protein Powder
• 1 c. 100% Stone Ground Whole Wheat Flour
• 2 t. Baking Powder
• 1/4 t. Baking Soda
• 1/2 t. Cinnamon
Gradually add in:
• 2 Medium ripe bananas, mashed
• 2 Egg Whites
• 1 c. Unsweetened Apple Sauce
• 1 t. Vanilla (if you have the real stuff...way better!)
• 1-2 T. Honey to taste (again, real stuff is ideal)
Servings: 4
Instructions:
- Combine dry ingredients...gradually add in wet.
- Divide batter into a greased muffin tin...either 8 regular or 4 jumbo muffins (if you use paper liners, grease those as well).
- Bake at 350 for approximately 15 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment