My parents and I are heading out this weekend for a little mini vacay in honor of...*gasp*...my 30th birthday! Speaking of that, I just want to say that I, for one, am excited to turn 30. First of all, I highly doubt anyone that meets me actually thinks that's how old I am (I'm not sure how that speaks to my maturity?? :)), and second of all...I have a feeling my 30's are going to kick my 20's in the butt as far as being some of the most epic years of my life. I look at it not as a "getting old" kind of thing, but more like - what a privilege to have that many years of life experience, good and bad, under my belt. I've got a lot more to go, and a lot more to learn (hopefully all good? :)), but it's a good start. It's amazing to think how different life was when I was turning 20, and I can't even begin to imagine what life will look like 10 years from now. Too many amazing memories and moments yet to come :).
So anyway, back to the mini vacay. We had talked about flying out to Chicago, but while I am a HUGE fan of cold weather (probably mostly because we don't have very much of it here), my parents have become a little soft and would prefer milder, less snowy temperatures. I could just picture us getting there, a snowstorm coming in, me being SUPER excited and my parents being miserable. Somehow that didn't make for such a great getaway. So, we decided to do something closer and "milder" :). We're heading down to Atlanta and staying in the Atlantic Station area of midtown. Saturday we'll probably do some shopping (definitely hitting up IKEA!), possibly taking the World of Coca-cola tour and finishing the day off with an off-broadway production of Avenue X. We're even staying in a fun, boutique hotel called Hotel Indigo. There are a ton of other fun things to do in Atlanta, so the rest of our time we'll be playing by ear, but I think it will be a nice little getaway.
Aside from packing and getting ready for that, I'm working on the design and print materials for our kairos "girls weekend" (women's retreat) and finalizing the details of the kairos ski trip that I'm leading in just a few weeks! Tonight we play our first volleyball tournament game (and hopefully get to play another next week!) before finishing up the "fall" season of volleyball and heading right into the spring season starting on the 28th! It's just January and already full of exciting things :). Definitely going to be the best year yet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
As someone who turned 30 this past week, I'm glad to hear that you're excited. I haven't had quite the same reaction but I'm choosing to embrace 30 and whatever the next decade holds. And since I'm in the Chicago suburbs, good choice on going to Atlanta instead. My mom and I escaped to North Carolina last weekend and had a blast. Happy birthday!
My mom was just in Peachtree City, GA, north of Atlanta. My step-dad was in Haiti last week and flew out one hour before the earthquake. Praises all around.
Post a Comment