Back to last week...
Monday night my roommate and I purchased our Christmas tree and got it set up. Sadly, it sat in the living room, completely naked, for the next 3 days before I was able to get any lights or decorations on it! Regardless, I'm glad we were able to take care of purchasing it that night since it proceeded to rain almost every day the rest of the week.
Tuesdays are pretty much my favorite day of the week since that's when Kairos meets. The 2nd Tuesday of every month we have a leadership meeting before Kairos, so I left work early and headed over for that. I'm heading up the ski trip this year (which I am sooooo excited about!!), so I stayed afterwards to have a meeting to go over the details of that trip. It made for a full evening, but all good stuff!
Wednesday night I headed up to Nashville to meet up with a group of leaders from Kairos that were going to hear Rob Bell speak at War Memorial. It started at 8 and was a 2.5 hour "lecture" f you want to call it that. I'm not sure that's the best term to use since lecture sounds boring and believe me, it was anything BUT that! He is such an engaging and inspiring speaker. If I had my notes with me (which I hardly took since I was so drawn in to what he was saying) I'd share some of the profound things that he mentioned. I'll admit, I had a long day before going to hear him speak, so I was very tempted to back out and just go home and go to bed early, but I am so glad that didn't happen. It was a night well spent - and if you have a chance to hear him speak, you must go!
Thursday night I left work and quickly headed home so that I could get the tree lit and decorated before my volleyball game. We finished JUST in time for me to throw on my team "jersey" (tshirt) and jump in the car. I ended up being slightly late (missed my first serve...sorry team!!!), but maybe that was a good thing. I had such an "off" night...which as anyone who plays sports knows...is incredibly frustrating. Thankfully my team played fantastic and we walked away winning 2 out of 3 (and only losing the 3rd at a score of 26-24).
Friday night was "crunch" time since I was in charge of hosting this month's supper club. Due to holiday parties and all sorts of commitments, we decided it would be easier to do a brunch in December, which is always fun! I spent Friday night finishing up some last minute holiday decorating and cleaning.
Saturday morning I got up early to get myself ready and finish the fresh flower arrangement for the centerpiece as well as getting all the food prepared. I apologize for not taking more photos, but once the girls arrived I was enjoying hanging out with them and forgot to take pictures. I have a few of the table and one blurry one of the food, but at least you get the idea.



Sunday night we had a dinner at my boss' house since the Gutwein's were in town to shoot a video (which is happening today). I was in charge of making dessert, so I made a family favorite - dark chocolate peppermint stick ice cream dessert. I didn't take a picture myself since I didn't want to take my camera to the dinner party in order to capture it, but here's basically what it looks like...
Meri made an incredible dinner and we had a great time chatting away and telling stories by the fire. It was a very nice, relaxing evening. I was even able to fall asleep as soon as I got home and because of that, am back to arriving to work on time! Thank goodness.


2 comments:
Um... I want that peppermint chocolate cake. Right now.
Do you think you could email me that recipe? I may make next yea r- or try! It looks amazing!!
Post a Comment