12.15.2009

Extreme God Makeover

LIfe is good. Not always perfect, but who said perfect was what an ideal life should be? Perfect sounds stressful if you ask me. No, my life is far from perfect, but it's good, really good...and dare I say, getting better every day.

Tonight was Kairos and Anthony Evans led worship. We sang Christmas music as well as regular praise & worship and it was just good...really good! I love worshiping, but I love it even more when the words feel like they were written straight from your own heart. I mean, that is what true worship is anyway, right? Singing to the Lord...not just "words" that someone else wrote, but a love note from me to Him. One of the songs that we sang tonight that felt so relevant to my life was Matt Redman's "You Never Let Go"....

Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me

Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You, still I will praise You


Last year (2008) was a crappy year in a million-and-one ways and I needed a glimmer of hope that things would not stay the same but would vastly improve. God gave me so much more than just a "glimmer", he took the trash out back, burned it and replaced it all with more than I could have asked for. It's not been a quick process, it's not been without it's own "bumps" and rough patches and soo many learning processes, but yet so worth it. it's kinda like a remodeling project. You could go the "cheap-quick-fix" route, but in the end, it only looks good from the outside but will eventually fall apart again. When God remodels, he uses quality material...and as a skilled craftsman, he takes his time to do it the right way, no matter how long it might take. Yeah, there's still a little bit of dust that needs to be swept out, but staring at the "after"...it's hard to remember what the "before" even looked like. It's an extreme God makeover :).

So 2009 was a year of "construction" in my life, but living in the mess was so worth the outcome. I am beyond excited about the coming year and all the incredible things God has in store. I mean, serious giddiness here people! I am ready to live life outside of myself...to help people connect with each other, and even more importantly, connect with God. To be an instrument that God uses whether it be big or small. I am ready dive in fully and fall in love with the lover of my soul deeper than I ever have before. No time to waste.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Love this Trish! It's so good to look back and observe what God has really done in the big picture of our lives...I always love the end of a year for that very reason. Some years I'm ready to throw behind me and some I just want to cherish a little bit longer. Glad 2009 was full of purpose for you...here's to 2010 :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...