It all started when my roommate was in NYC this weekend (so jealous) for a service project and made a quick pit stop at Dylan's Candy Bar. They were giving out samples of their seasonal pumpkin fudge, and when she tried it...well, she knows my love for fall and all things "fall baking", so she brought me back a piece. It was so good...and so "festive"...that I knew I needed to tackle it myself.






Festivefallfudge
(that's what I'm calling it for all the people that refuse to try anything pumpkin)
2 1/2 cups white sugar
2/3 cup evaporated milk
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
7 ounces marshmallow creme
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a 3qt saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar and milk, stirring occasionally until it comes to a boil. Add pumpkin and cinnamon, continue to boil. Stir in marshmallow creme and butter. Once mixture has returned to a rolling boil, set timer for 18 minutes and allow to remain at a constant boil...stirring periodically.
Meanwhile, line 8.25x11 casserole dish with tinfoil (or 9x9 if you want thicker fudge, 9x13 if you want thinner fudge).
After 18 minutes, remove from heat and add white chocolate chips and vanilla, stirring until chips are completely dissolved. Pour into tinfoil lined pan and allow to sit overnight until completely solid. Cut into shapes or squares as desired. Enjoy!

2 comments:
I expect to see some of this at the office today.
Like I have any time to do this right now, but I am going to try this tonight. I have been baking about three times a week and Chip is getting sick of it since he is trying to lose weight. I just keep taking it all to work!!!
Post a Comment