11.01.2009

Pumpkinfest

Have I said how much I love fall yet? Because I do. I really do. The weather has been amazing and I absolutely love it when I'm driving down the road and the wind blows a gust of leaves through the air. Yesterday was one of those days I'd like to just put in my pocket and pull it out whenever I want. My friend Emily and I headed to Pumpkinfest in downtown Franklin - which was crazy full of people. We had lunch at Puckett's (one of my favorite restaurants) and then wandered through the streets enjoying the festivities. We stopped by my teammate's ice cream stand, but he wasn't there. Not sure if he had taken a break or what, but I was disappointed we didn't get to say hi. I was, however, impressed that the homemade ice cream is created using a John Deere :). Here are a few pics I took on my iphone...hey, it's better than nothing!






(some people took dressing up to be a family affair...in a very strange way...)

After pumpkinfest, we stopped by to see my friends visiting from Florida at their condo. It was great catching up with them, getting to see their little girl who has grown up so much since the last time I've seen her, and laughing about old memories. I'm so glad it worked out that we were able to see each other...even if it was short and sweet.

Our intentions after that were to head up to Nashville for the carnival and outdoor movie, but we had already had our fill of crowds for the day, so we opted for a night "in" instead. We rented the movie "What Lies Beneath" which Emily had never seen, and I hadn't seen in a long time. Still as good as I remembered! After the movie we stayed up talking quite a bit (mostly to take Em's mind off the movie before she walked outside into the dark :)) before calling it a night and saying goodbye.

The only sad part of the weekend was that it was "closing weekend" for the drive-in (apparently no one else sees the glory in cold weather and outdoor movies the way I do). Guess that means it's just time to unpack the skis and spend my weekends in the mountains! Don't I wish. Looking forward to the "mountain" part of that wish in just a few days. The skiing part will have to wait...for now.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...