Such a fantastic Sunday! After church I grabbed a quick bite to eat before heading out to Gentry's Farm to pick pumpkins with the crew. After everyone had found their pumpkin(s), we took off for Steph's house to do some carving. It was a perfect day to just sit outside and make a mess :). Fall has finally arrived in TN and I am loving it! I didn't get a picture of everyone before several people had to take off...so I apologize to those of you that were there and are not in this picture! I normally make a happy pumpkin, or something decorative (like a leaf), but this year I wanted to do a jack-o-lantern, so I created this guy. I call it "pumpkinbalism". Demented, slightly, yes...but I thought it was kinda funny.
After cleaning up and hosing off the deck, it was time for our first supper club at Lisa's house! Oh my word it was delicious! She made stuffed dates, hummus, salad with asian pears and aged gouda, goat cheese and sundried tomato stuffed chicken, couscous, ginger roasted carrots and pumpkin pie. It was divine and I ate entirely too much. The best part was that she even sent home leftovers with each of us so I get to enjoy it one more time today! We had so much fun eating, laughing and talking for hours. I can't wait to do it again next month at Joy's house.It was a full and fun-packed weekend. Looking forward to a great week and many more "fallish" activities in the weekends to come!

3 comments:
Devon and I are going to carve pumpkins this weekend. She is coming to visit! I'm excited to try one using a dachshund stencil I found online.
Ok...so I rarely if ever comment on blogs, but for this I had to. That Hanibal Lecter-ish Pumpkin eater is maybe the best pumpkin art I've ever seen. A+ on effort and creativity! - Chip
I should also add a disclaimer to this blog post as well...
I did not "originate" this design. I saw it years ago in a magazine and tried to recreate what I could remember. So, this pumpkin is mine, but the concept is not.
Post a Comment