I slept in (first inclination it was going to be a goooood day :)) and as soon as I got up, my roommate and I headed out for a run (in the oh-so-incredibly-perfect 56-degree weather! wahooo!). It was challenging as usual, but we went further than we have before and I was out of breath less than usual...so overall it felt amazing! Next, we tackled the garage.
Ohhhh, the garage. I have a love/hate relationship with it. I love having one, and yet I've hated how completely disorganized it has been ever since I moved in. It's one of those deals where things just stacked on top of each other as they were unpacked and there was never a good system to it. On top of that, I didn't have any type of shelving, so if a box was at the bottom of the stack...good luck finding it. Everytime I drive in the garage, I give it a dirty look.
My affections took a dramatic change for the better today. This is what we started with (although this looks worse than normal because we'd already begun dragging things to the opposite end of the garage to reorganize)...
and after a few hours of moving boxes, creating a goodwill pile, throwing things away, reorganizing odds and ends, assembling shelving and sweeping, we ended up with this...
I can't even put into words how absolutely, positively fanTAStic it feels to finally have everything situated! The only thing that would make it better would be for every box to be a coordinating piece of tupperware labeled with a color system for categories. Oh....just the idea makes me giddy!! :)Once the garage was finished, we made a trip to Goodwill, a stop at the recycle bin and grabbed a bite to eat. Then, our "reward" for a day of hardwork was to get a mani/pedi. I'm a pedi girl, but I never get manicures. I spend all day working on a computer and end up with chipped nails in just a matter of time (esp during sand volleyball season), so usually I don't bother, but after all the cleaning, arranging, hauling, etc...my hands were looking pretty dingy and needed some tlc. I must admit, I look a little ridiculous right now. I'm wearing a baseball cap, grey hoodie, black yoga pants, no makeup, and I have a french mani/pedi :). "One of these things is not like the other..." :)
After all of that, we were home by 8:00 in time to catch the Hawkeyes play Michigan at home (and WIN! 6-0 baby!!!). My brothers were at the game...and they flooded the field at the end, so I admit I'm a bit jealous! It had to be so much fun - plus, October in Iowa!! Some of my all-time favorite weather!
Alright, so there you have it, the exciting life of me. It's the small things...what can I say? Tomorrow....pumpkin carving party and the first official "supper club" :). Can't wait!

1 comment:
You must have read my mind about the garage dilemna I find myself in...so much stuff, so little motivation to organize it! You just wouldn't even believe the sight of mine right now. In my dreams, I've already purchased another set of shelving and all the rubbermaids to go with it :) We'll see.
Now, how about those Hawks?? What a fun season! I'm also jealous that your brothers were at the game, what a great one! Glad your weekend has been fun!
Post a Comment