10.13.2009
I hurt.
Oh my word people, I am so sore today. I am so sore, in fact, that when I tried to sit up to get out of bed, it felt like someone had beat my abs mercilessly while I slept! Adding to that, I was getting up to go for our morning run and now my legs feel like very heavy, wobbly rubber. Basically, I'm a walking mess :). You see, I figured it was probably good to do some various forms of conditioning on the "off" days when I don't run, so I'm doing kettle bell training on those days. The kettle bell training is pretty fun actually, and has a rotation of 3 types - core, cardio and resistance. Yesterday I did the core workout, which obviously I have not done in quite a while because...wow. Ouch. I actually kind of like how sore I am because it has some sense of accomplishment tied to it, but at the same time, it's as if it's reminding me that I've neglected my abs and they're punishing me for it. My legs, on the other hand, just have a bad attitude about running. Oh wait, no, that's me. We're improving...slow and steady...but the road ahead still seems incredibly long. One day at a time...that's what I keep telling myself. I also want to say "slow and steady wins the race", but I'm pretty sure that just makes the race last longer. :) "Faster you run, faster you're done." Now that sounds about right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment