9.16.2009

P.F. Chang's Rock-n-Roll Arizona Half Marathon

So now it's official! I registered for the P.F. Chang's Rock-n-Roll Arizona Half Marathon last night! Part of me thinks I'm absolutely crazy considering how much I dislike running, but the other part of me is excited by the challenge and I've already created a schedule for the next 22 weeks. The only small problem at this point is the fact that I have massive blisters on both of my heels from running in my new shoes on Monday. So big (and painful) in fact, that I am not wearing shoes and tip-toeing everywhere I go. I'm going to get some Epsom salts over my noon-hour and soak my feet while I work the rest of the afternoon. Hopefully that will help because I have to run tonight and at this point it's not seeming very likely if I can't even walk normally. Anyone have any suggestions for preventing blisters or helping them to heal quickly? I know I will eventually break in my shoes and not have a problem, but until then...shew! Not fun!

I also love "techy" stuff to go with any kind of training program. I found an app for the iphone that will basically be a "coaching" voice-over for any music you play. It is a 9-week training program, but the best part is that you can choose any playlist you want and just run the app over top of it! Looking forward to trying that out tonight.

Today my music of choice is Muse's new album, Resistance. I absolutely love it! If you register on their website (which is free), you can preview the full album before you purchase it. I always recommend that since you really can't tell much from 30 second samples. I think it's a great album and definitely plan on purchasing it.

1 comment:

Beth said...

So excited for you. I feel the same way about running. I must point out the irony here that PF Chang's has been rated as some of the most unhealthy restaurant food out there and yet they are sponsering a "healthy" event. Just had to laugh at that one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...