9.10.2009

Little treats for your ears

There are a few albums that came out recently or are coming out that I wanted to make note of in today's post...

The first is Collective Soul's self-titled newest release. I have a hard time recommending specific songs off of the album since the more I listen to it, the more I like all of it. Personally, I think it's worth purchasing the deluxe album to get the last 3 songs for just a few dollars more. I love the acoustic version of "Staring Down", the piano version of "She Does" as well as the song "Heart to Heart". If you've ever been a Collective Soul fan, this album certainly will not disappoint. If you're not a Collective Soul fan...maybe you should become one? Just a suggestion... :)


The second album, which will not be out for another week and a half, comes from one of my all-time favorite artists, David Gray. You can hear samples of his new album, "Draw the Line" here. I will say that samples just won't do justice to his music, as it tends to be more complex with lots of layers, incredible intros, bridges and more. So, if an option to preview the full album becomes available at some point, I will be sure to post the link. This is a tour that I'm keeping my eye on...hoping it makes its way to Nashville soon. If not, I might just have to fly out to Denver to hear him. Or Dublin. Not like you need an excuse to escape to either one of those places!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...