Enter conversation with my dad.
How long do you want to own this vehicle? Oh, 5 years at least...hopefully longer. What do you think the chances are that gas will remain low in price and not begin to rise again in the midst of those 5 years or longer? I prefer to live in the moment, dad. You're pooing on my party. If you're buying a used car with already existing miles, even low mileage, when you add on your 5+ years of miles, you'll have to turn around and sell it...unless you get a car that is built to last for hundreds of thousands of miles. Ugh. I hate it when he makes me re-think my decisions...and usually for the better. Parental wisdom, it's a downer sometimes :).
SO...I caved. I caved into WAY better gas mileage (literally 45+mpg) and WAY less macho :-(. I did, however, go for red just to have a little bit-o-sass in there. I got a supurb deal and although I give up my SUV hauling capabilities, I still have a Camry's worth of interior space and suprisingly more haul space than a typical trunk. I have a touch screen and thanks to my brother, will also have an mp3 output cable/charger for my iphone...that CONNECTS to that touch screen! It's not major, but it's something, and more than anything, it was a smart choice. Not always the most FUN choices, but usually the better route to go. I think I'll really enjoy it...especially when I make my once-a-month fill-up at the gas station. :)





1 comment:
I love my XTerra, but I understand the gas mileage. I drive only 4.5 miles to work each day, but if I drove farther it would definitely be a downer. Good, sensible choice Trish. You are such an adult! :)
Post a Comment