9.06.2009

Arizona, Tennessee, Florida, Ohio...and more

So, obviously I'm pretty behind on my updates, but I feel like I've been running at full pace for the last week and just now have time to stop, breathe and process! Just how it goes sometimes, ya know? I'll backpedal a little bit and start with Arizona...

I packed up and headed to Phoenix to visit the fam a week ago Wednesday. ScottieB picked me up from the airport (my sister-in-law's brother...does that make him my brother-in-law? I've never really quite figured that out) and we headed back to Ryan & Cheri's house. Nathan was watching the kids while Ryan & Cheri were at various church commitments, and as soon as I walked in the door all 3 kiddos excitedly ran to the door. Aww. :) Lauren said, "Aunt Trishi! I have cowboy boots!" and Will said, "We're watching Ice Age! Are you making french toast for breakfast?!" Emily walked over and mimicked the sound of the squirrel from Ice Age. So cute. She loves that squirrel. She's also at the age where she repeats everything you say, which is dangerous and hilarious at the same time. I took her upstairs later that night to change her diaper and put her to bed and said, "Oooo Emily! You've got polka dot pajamas!" to which she repeated "polka-dot pajamas". She proceeded to repeat everything I said that night, which just cracked me up!

Thursday morning I hear my door open just a crack and opened the door to find all 3 kids standing there...giddy for me to be up. I made them french toast (how could I not? Will was so excited about it that he ate 4 pieces!) and we changed clothes and took off for the pool. We spent the morning playing in the water and after naps that afternoon, made some homemade cut-out sugar cookies. Will & Lauren are the best little helpers and LOVE to help in the kitchen whenever possible.

Friday we spent the day more low-key, again at the pool (it's HOT in AZ, have I mentioned that yet? I mean HOT!) and just playing at home. Friday night Francie came over to watch the kids while myself, Ryan, Cheri and their friends Dan & Megan went out for sushi. We had so much fun as always and headed back to the house afterwords for some bean bag toss in the backyard before watching a movie and calling it a night.

Saturday we packed our lunches and headed over to ScottieB's house to see the progress on his remodeling. It looks so great! He has done a really good job rearranging walls and doing a ton of work with new drywall, hardwoods, cabinets, painting, etc. It's really coming along! It was also fun to see it since he let me pick out some colors and details when I was there this past May. I wanted to take the kids out for a treat, so after Scottie's house, I surprised the kids with ice cream at a fun, old-fashioned ice cream parlor, The Sugarbowl, in Old Town Scottsdale. We headed back to the house for naps after that and I took off again to meet my longtime friend, Stephanie, at Scottsdale Fashion Square before heading out to dinner. It was so great to see her, as always. We had a great time just hanging out and catching up.

Sunday was church, lunch with the fam, ScottieB, Dan & Megan, and one final day of swimming. Monday morning I packed up and took off for the airport after a short but very sweet trip. There were lots of hugs & kisses and by the time I boarded the plane, I was already missing everybody. Hopefully I'll be back in not too long!!

Alright, well that's a long enough post for now....so I'll end with that and pick up on the rest soon! Hope you're enjoying your 3-day weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...