Ahhh....how great weekends at home can be! Last weekend I was in Knoxville and this coming weekend I'll be in AZ...and then on to FL the following weekend, so I knew I needed to enjoy a chill, laid-back weekend at home - cleaning, laundry, etc. Of course, I couldn't just sit at home the ENTIRE weekend, so I did have a bit of fun out of the house here and there! :)
Friday night I left work and met the girls at CPK for a little "girl's night" and supper club planning meeting. We had such a fun time catching up, talking, laughing and eating. We planned out all of our supper clubs for the next 5 months which is really exciting! I am the first to host it in September, which feels like an awful lot of pressure, but in all reality, it's just food and fellowship. I'm pretty sure the girls would be completely fine with mac & cheese as long as we enjoyed it together.
Saturday I slept in!! Okay, normally that would not be such a huge deal, but a new puppy brought on new responsibility...and that means late night potty breaks and early morning feedings/potty breaks as well (all the moms out there are laughing at me right now, but hey! This is big change for my independent lifestyle!). My roommate just happens to be an uber morning person and ultra-fantastic in general, so she offered to take care of Gidgy so I could sleep in. Wise on her part as it makes me much less crabby :). Oh, wait, I'm never crabby!
*Ahem*
Saturday morning Julie and I ran some errands looking for one item in particular, unsuccessfully. I can't say that I really even love shopping that much, and I love it even less when I can't find the ONE thing I'm looking for. Boo. After that we ran back to the house, picked up Gidget, and headed to downtown Franklin to take little miss on a walk. It was hilarious! That girl might as well be a celebrity for all the attention she drew! I can honestly say that every single person that walked by, stopped to pet her and oooo and ahh over how tiny and cute she is. I mean, I'm biased of course, but it doesn't hurt that she looks like a walking stuffed animal. The cutest was when a little 2-year-old caught sight of her and the parents took her out of her stroller, sat her on the sidewalk, and she squealed with delight as Gidget excitedly licked her like crazy. I really don't know who was more excited to meet the other - Gidget or the toddler. It was as if they both found someone just the right size for each other - haha! It was so cute. By the end of it, Gidget was falling asleep on the sidewalk (too much excitement for such a little tyke!), so I picked her up and she fell asleep in my lap on the car ride home. We enjoyed the remainder of the gorgeous weather with a little patio-dinner at Swanky's before calling it a night.
Sunday afternoon was sand volleyball as usual. It's not been as successful as our court season was, but equally as much fun! We played 1 game (3 matches) and although they were all close, we only walked away with 1 win. Because it was the perfect weather to play, I wasn't quite ready to quit, so I was pretty excited when I returned to my car only to receive a text message from another friend saying they were starting a game in a different location in 30 minutes! I headed that direction and enjoyed several more hours of volleyball before I was completely worn out. Such a fun afternoon! Even better considering I'll have a 2-week break before I get back to it. The rest of the night I finished up my cleaning (although laundry is still going on...i'm such a slow-poke when it comes to laundry!) and watched a movie.
Today was a busy and full Monday - as will be the norm at the office for the next month at least! Two more days and I'm OFF to see my favorite cutie-patooties in AZ!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment