8.13.2009

Recipe Time!

I don't have a picture to go along with this one (sorry!), but in all reality, this is one of those recipes that doesn't exactly look as incredibly yummy as it tastes. I'm usually opposed to those kind of recipes (I think everything in life should be aesthetically pleasing...I mean, why not?!), but once I tasted this stuff...I was hooked. It's easy, it's healthy (aside from the fritos :)) and frankly, it's just delicious. A friend of mine introduced me to it and I have been craving it ever since.

Mexican Black Bean & Corn Dip

• 1 can black beans, drained
• 1 can shoepeg (white) corn, drained
• 4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
• 1/4 c. olive oil
• 1/4 c. sugar
• 1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
• 1 large bag Frito scoops

In a medium bowl, mix black beans, corn and feta. In a separate bowl, mix the olive oil, sugar and apple cider vinegar*. Pour over black bean mixture and stir. Serve with scoops and enjoy!!

*You may want to edit the portions based on your taste. I tend to go a little heavier on the vinegar, but if you're trying it out for the first time...just follow the recipe and play with it from there.

Let me know if you try it and enjoy it as much as I do!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...