I will be flying...flying...and then flying some more....to China!!!My roommate from college lives in Qingdao and I'll be heading out for 12 days to visit her both in Qingdao and Beijing. I can't wait! It's something we've talked about for several years, so when I found a great deal on flights, I knew I couldn't pass it up!
---------------------------
Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous, so it was a morning of pedicures and then on to the pool. Although the weather was pretty much perfect, it wasn't quite hot enough to soak up the sun, so after hangin' by the pool for a little bit, we decided to hit up a matinee of Transformers. I loved it (as I expected I would). It was a little long, and in some parts, a little cheesy....but I'm pretty easy to please :).
After the movie we loaded up and hit the road! We stopped at the Henpeck Market for dinner, but they had just closed, so we moved on to the Thompson Station Grill that my friend Steph keeps talking about. It was cute & delish!! They even had live music - a guy playing a Chapman Stick (apparently they're very rare)...it was beautiful! From there we took off for Henry Horton State Park...only to find that they were completely full for the night :-(. Thank goodness for the Compass/GPS on the iPhone! I found the next closest campground and directions and we kept on going! We made it to Old Stone Fort State Park and set up camp! It was 65 degrees with a perfect breeze, so we left the fly off the top of the tent, set up our beds, and pulled out the laptop to watch a movie. I know, it's kinda cheating to have a laptop while camping, but come on...watching movies while laying under the stars?? It was soooo fun! We slept in and I woke up to this view above me...
ahhhh bliss. We ate breakfast, played cards, hung out and just took our time packing up. It was a fun and beautiful roadtrip back home...and the rest of the afternoon was spent cleaning, napping, and pretty much keeping things low-key. Perfect end to a very relaxing weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment