7.14.2009

For your listening pleasure

Several singles/albums were released today that are noteworthy. The first is the second single from Imogen Heap's upcoming album, Ellipse. She has a style/sound that is completely her own, and I personally love it. She is an artist in every sense of the word (she literally writes, records, designs the whole album! She even records sounds around the house - the ticking of the furnace, the sound of her shoes running on the cement floor...you name it! Check out some of her video blogs on youtube if you get a chance. She is a unique character for sure, but it's workin' for her!).

The next single is a song that has been out since OneRepublic released their debut album, but they re-recorded it with another artist I really enjoy...Sara Bareilles. I think it's a great remix of "Come Home" and I really enjoy the combination of their voices. I love it! Check it out!


And finally, although I'm not really a fan of this band in general, check out a few songs from the new Daughtry album. I purchased the single, "Call Your Name". I do have to admit that I love the first half (which was, of course, the sample portion of the song), but am not a huge fan of the ending. I still think it's pretty good though. I did just discover that you can listen to the full album if you follow the link I've posted for them. Probably a good idea...that way you'll know what the second half of the song sounds like :).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...