Two weeks from today I will be in sunny Arizona. More importantly, two weeks from today I get to snuggle with my favorite little peeps and play tickle monster under the covers before bedtime. Just the thought of it makes two weeks feel like an eternity right now! In two weeks I also get to celebrate my favorite sister's birthday (okay, it's the only sister I have, but even if I had a million, I'm pretty sure you'd still be my favorite, Cheri :)). I may even create a custom birthday cake in her honor. It would have to somehow include pringles and sprite - oh, and strawberry starbursts. Hmm. Maybe I'll just buy her those three items for a gift and make the cake out of chocolate. That sounds like a better plan. Regardless, I can't wait to spend almost an entire week with all of my favorite people! You better believe I'll be taking a thousand pictures since this will be my first trip out there with my new camera. It may take two months of blog posts and pictures just to cover them all :). Anyway...
Not much news to report here. I'm down to 2 weeks and 1 day of work left at TBC. I can't even tell you how strange it feels to think that in less than a month, I will no longer take the same route to work, walk in the same door, etc. etc. etc. Seven years of the same routine is a strange thing to change! I am looking forward to change and in some ways terrified of it still. It's going to be sooo good, but a huge adjustment just the same.
Other than that, tomorrow night is volleyball (woohoo!!!!!), so I'm icing my foot tonight in preparation (pulled a muscle or something crazy like that on a hike earlier this week...go figure), but even if it's still tender, I'm playing. No way I'm missing out on a double-header! Friday night I'm having a little "girls night in" due to the rainy weather...and a fun and fancy menu to go with! I'll post pictures and recipes later, but the menu as of right now is going to be homemade ceasar salad with baked croutons, pull-apart parmesan garlic bread, oven-roasted asparagus, pork tenderloin and molten chocolate cakes with a fresh raspberry glaze & ice cream. Originally I was going to go the healthy route, but it's company, and nothing is more fun than going all out for guests!
Hope your week is going well and that you have great things in store for the weekend (the most important one being Mother's Day - don't forget!)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment