
Lowfat PB Cookies
- 3 T. reduced-calorie margarine, stick-variety
- 2 T. reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1/2 c. packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 t. baking soda
Combine margarine and peanut butter until smooth. Add in sugars. Once sugars are completely combined, mix in egg white and vanilla.
In separate bowl, combine flour and soda. Add to peanut butter mixture and combine. The consistency will be somewhat crumbly, so use your hands to mold together. Unroll a large sheet of wax paper and turn mixture into a log - roll & freeze for at least 30min. Slice into 24 pieces and bake in preheated 350ยบ oven for 10-12min or until light golden brown. Enjoy!

2 comments:
Thanks Trish! PB cookies are Chip's favorites! Thanks for doing all the math too. I will definitely have to make some of these. I have Smart Balance PB at home right now. Do you think that would be okay? I think it has the same calories/fat as regular pb.
If you use regular peanut butter, it adds .2g fat per cookie...but other than that stays pretty much the same. For a really great natural peanut butter that is lower in calories and fat, I recommend Naturally More. It has 169 calories, 11g fat and 4g fiber in 2T. Personally I think it's incredibly delicious, but depends on whether you like natural pb or not.
Post a Comment