5.04.2009

one thousand words

Actually, it's more like one thousand posts full of who-knows-how-many-words. I've had this blog since August of 2004 and officially hit my one thousand mark with the post I wrote yesterday. If I would have known, I would have made it something more exciting and monumental than brownie substitutions...but somehow that's fitting. My life consists of a whole lot of random things - including baking brownies with black beans. One thousand posts sounds like a lot, but in all reality, having written them over a 53 month period of time - I average about 18 posts per month. That's fine by me, because frankly...I'd bore myself if I tried to write something everyday (although some months I find more than enough words to accomplish that), and I'd lose my 4 readers if I wrote any less! :) I think this year I might actually throw a party for my 5-year blogging anniversary. I'm always looking for an excuse to throw a party :).

It's been overcast and gloomy here in TN for the past several days...and probably for the coming days as well. I don't mind. Sometimes I like the rain. I love the sound, I love the green that it brings, and I love that it just begs you to curl up on the couch and watch a movie without an ounce of guilt as to whether or not you're wasting a beautiful day. What I don't love? It canceled my 2 sand volleyball games on Sunday. Boo. Ah well, I have 2 court games on Thursday that will make up for it. Hopefully our team can keep the gusto going for 6 matches! We've only played together one night so far, but for only having just met - worked together incredibly well! We won all 3 matches! Regardless of winning or losing - we had an absolute blast! For as much "intense" competition that happened, there was an equal (if not more!) amount of laughter. It was a lot of fun and I can't wait to get back out there!

Regardless of the rain, I enjoyed my weekend both inside & outside. Friday night I stayed in and chilled. I hadn't been home all week, so I did some grocery shopping, changed into my pj's and curled up on the couch. It was a perfect, relaxing end to a long week. Saturday I woke up late (sleeping in on a rainy day is the BEST!) and fixed myself a divine little "brunch" of cinnamon french toast and fresh strawberries. In fact, here's the recipe (from my new Hungry Girl cookbook)...

Cinnamon French Toast (makes 1 serving)
2-3 slices Healthy Life whole wheat bread
1/2 c. fat free egg substitute
1/2 t. cinnamon (divided)
1/4 t. vanilla
1 packet no calorie sweetener
1/4 c. Cary's sugar free syrup (the 1 sugar free syrup I've found that tastes really good)

Combine egg, 1/4 t. cinnamon and vanilla in small, shallow baking dish (I use a sandwich size tupperware). Dip your bread into the mixture, coating both sides.

Coat skillet with nonstick cooking spray and cook bread over medium heat, flipping after a few minutes. Once both sides are brown, remove from heat and sprinkle with sweetener and the remaining of 1/4 tsp of cinnamon. Slice each piece into "sticks".

Place 1/4 c. sugar free syrup in small dish and heat in microwave for 30 seconds. Use as dipping sauce (probably won't even use half...depending on much you love syrup).

1 serving (3 slices, including syrup) = 205 calories, 0.5g fat, 9g fiber

(photo courtesy of Hungry Girl)

I spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning, cleaning, cleaning! It feels so good when you get all the laundry done, wash the sheets, scrub the floors, etc., etc. etc. Now I can't wait until the weather clears up again so I can tackle the garage!

Saturday night a group of us drove to the drive-in to see Wolverine. I LOVED it! In all honesty, as much as I enjoy romantic comedies and chic flicks of any kind, I have to admit that action-suspense-thrillers are by far my favorite! I think I sat there with my mouth open the entire movie - so good!! We didn't get to enjoy it in our typical fashion (blankets & pillows piled on the ground next to the car), but watching it from the front seat - for almost $3 cheaper than the regular theater - just as much fun! We also discovered that Watertown, TN has a quaint little small-town mainstreet! I was so excited when we found it - complete with a public library in the town square and Lulu's Coffee House. Small town USA warms my heart - I just love it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...