


...and I'm calling this one a loss, but hey, you don't know 'til you try! As I've said before...in my mind it made perfect sense...but that doesn't always mean it will in reality :). Such was the case with my fruit sushi creation. I think if I tweaked it here, there and everywhere I could probably come up with a way that it would work, but I think this one deserves to be scrapped and revisited at a later time. I took a picture, then threw it away. I may come up with an alternative idea before the contest's deadline, but then again, I may just move on to the next one instead.
In more exciting news, a few friends & I chipped in to purchase a bike for a friend in need of some transportation. We surprised him with it tonight and he was so shocked and excited that he almost cried and probably hugged us a million times! Surprises are the best, especially when it's giving someone something they really need. I'm also proud to say that I visited my favorite store (Bink's) and didn't purchase anything...although I'll admit it took serious self-restraint to not buy the 50% off North Face jacket that I'd been eyeing since last fall. I bought my Old Gringos today...and those are a "treat" enough to last me for a while now. They're SO beautiful! My friend did purchase a super nice North Face sleeping bag for her upcoming trip to Africa at 40% off though! That was an exciting enough purchase for the both of us...because unlike the jacket I love...she actually NEEDS the sleeping bag :). I'm pretty sure I need everything Bink's carries, I'm convinced of it. Okay, maybe I just want it all...but at least I'm not giving into the temptation...well, MOST of the time. ;)

1 comment:
So, remember that splash guard I got for my nalgene bottle...
Everyone has been saying, "Where did you get that?" I tell them, "Oh, it's a little old place in Franklin, TN called Binks. It's pretty cool."
Post a Comment