
This weekend I made a trip out to my parents for a surprise party in honor of my dad's 60th birthday. My friend Emily came along and we enjoyed a fun, relaxing weekend with the fam. Friday night we watched one of my favorite movies, Moulin Rouge. I'd been waiting to watch it with my parent's sound system since I love the music so much. It did not disappoint! I don't even know how many times I've seen that movie, but I think I like it more every time. Saturday we slept in and Bryce made us waffles. I know...everyone say "awww". I think they may be his specialty - they are delish! I know you're going to think it's weird, but we like our waffles with ham & shredded cheese...don't knock it 'til you try it! The rest of the afternoon was spent setting up & decorating for the party. We were supposed to distract dad for an hour or so before the party, but let's just say he didn't make that easy! Isn't that always how surprise parties go?! Anyhow, it all worked out in the end - he was completely surprised. In fact, he acted a little embarrassed! All in all, I think he really enjoyed it and it was a fun, small way to get to honor & celebrate him. After cleaning up the party and chatting it up with the few remaining guests, we all piled on the couch to watch Australia. Mmmmm! SUCH a good movie! I can't imagine why anyone didn't like it for any reason other than it's length (it's about 3 hours long), but I enjoyed every minute of it!




1 comment:
I so wish I could have been there. I'm sure it was a blast. What could be more fun that a surprise party for the master of party himself?
Post a Comment