Those who follow my blog might remember my post a little while back talking about purchasing a new camera. Well, I bit the bullet and purchased the Canon Powershot SX10 that I had talked about - the "happy medium" between a point-n-shoot and SLR. Well, it wasn't such a happy medium for me. Don't get me wrong, it took great pictures, but I didn't realize how much I really wanted a wide aperture until I started playing with it...so I sent it back. The other main reason I had purchased the SX10 was due to the cost of a digital SLR. Not only did the body cost almost twice as much as what I spent on the SX10 - but then there's the cost of the lenses. So...I went back to searching, searching, searching. I'm proud to say that I found the bargain of all bargains. Probably my best money-saving purchase yet. I found a "barely" used Canon Digital Rebel XTi on ebay (seriously...you can't tell anyone has even touched it) for half the price of what it sells for new - but not only did I get the body...that price included a 4GB flash card and an extra lithium ion battery as well. Those 2 items alone add up to $175. When I added it all up I found that I saved $425 on my purchase! I SAVED more than I spent! How sweet is that?! I also found the lens that I wanted - brand new - 40% off. The camera is sitting in front of me right now - begging to be used, but it will have to wait until tomorrow when the lens arrives (as I wrote this, the lens was delivered to my desk! Woohooo!!). You should all be very excited because that means my blog will now be less words and more pictures. Haha...yeah right...who am I kidding?? Yes, there will be more pictures for sure...but I make no promises on cutting down all the verbage.Funny story... Last night I babysat for my 2 favorite girls - Ava & Anna. After I'd put Anna down for bed, Ava and I were coloring and I had to laugh because I have SUCH a hard time coloring things anything than what they are originally designed to be. So, we're coloring away and I'm working on Ariel in her mermaid getup. I color her shell bikini purple, her hair red, her skin peach...and right as I'm about to color her "fin" green...Ava looks at me and says, "Miss Trish...you don't have to color it the same every time. It's okay if it's a different color." Put in place by an almost 4-year-old. Apparently I need to be more creative with my coloring! I just laughed...she's so right! Thanks, Ava!!
In bigger news, I gave my notice at work last week. My last day will be May 28th. I'm moving on to bigger and better things...an offer I couldn't refuse. Not fully sure what my life looks like as of June 1 - but I'm always up for a new adventure, so here goes nothin'! I'll keep you posted...as always.

2 comments:
Yay for a new camera!! I can't wait to hear what you think of it. Sometime in the future, I would love to upgrade as well and I'm keeping my eyes and ears open about what to get. Test it out and post your pictures :) Also, congratulations on the new job offer, totally excited to hear what it is! I love to hear about your latest adventures Trish, you are anything but dull!! Hope you have a great week!!
Yes, can't wait to hear about your new job! Does this mean there is a move in the future? P.S. I didn't buy a camera today, but I did buy a kayak!!! Yeah. I can't wait until the weather gets warmer here :)
Post a Comment