4.07.2009

To bake or not to bake

I love to bake. I know pretty much everyone is aware of that geeky side of me (one of the many :)), but I like to attribute it to my brain needing a creative outlet of another kind...and baking it is. I wish I could bake more, but unlike other art forms, baking is most often really unhealthy...plus, I'm single and would have to eat it for days on end. So, I usually get in a baking mood, make something and then take it to my office to let my coworkers have at it. I must say I'm looking forward to working in an office of predominately men because that will make the "getting rid of the food" issue pretty much resolved. I'm not sure they will appreciate the artistic design of the food, but that's more for my enjoyment in creating it than it is for others' admiration anyway. Recently I started thinking about how fun it would be to find baking contests and give 'em a shot. I like that it gives you a category to go after - and sometimes certain ingredients required - and the rest is up to your imagination. The first one I'm doing is a muffin contest. I don't want to spoil the outcome quite yet - but I will tell you that it will be a very colorful muffin. I've got my grocery list together and once I'm back from Florida...I'll be back in the kitchen! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

tapango1 said...

trish,

you will be so good at the baking contests...i can totally see you on a food network contest show...maybe decorating a ginger bread house or even just baking up your colorful muffin to present to the judge!

Goodluck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...