4.29.2009

In just about a month...

...I will be starting my new job. So many people have asked me if I'm excited, but I'm not there quite yet. It's not because the opportunity isn't a great one, but just that I'm incredibly nervous for a hundred different reasons. Thankfully the one thing I'm NOT nervous about is whether or not I made the right choice. I know I made the right choice, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't scare the crap out of me still. Many of you know that the plan had been, for quite some time, to move to Colorado. In fact, I was in talks with a large company out there that was looking to hire on a new designer, but God had other plans. I'm not going to dive into too much detail, but basically a local company began "wooing" me. It was a long process, with lots of meetings, lunches, etc., but in the end, the owner said something in our last conversation that still rings in my ears and answered any confusion I had as to where to go and what job to pursue. I knew when I left that meeting that Franklin, Tennessee would be my home for a little bit longer. When I gave them my answer a few days later and headed out to Colorado for a final ski trip at the end of that week, I thought for sure it would be hard to leave the snow-capped mountains and come back to rolling hills, but something happened. Somewhere in the midst of all the praying, asking, listening and begging, something changed...

My perspective.

I love Colorado. I love the snow, the mountains, every activity available, the city, the country, and the cute little ski villages everywhere. I love that in its own way it reminds me of Iowa. I love it so much that I think somewhere I started closing my eyes and dreaming of it all and stopped looking out my window to appreciate what was right in front of me. When I came back from that last ski trip, I drove to work the next day and rather than it just being the same generic scenery that I drive by every day twice a day, it was seriously like someone snapped their fingers and I woke up! I noticed how incredibly green & lush everything was and how fresh it smelled. I started admiring the large acreages with fields full of horses that I pass on my way to work (in the city, mind you - not even in the country!). I started to do the things that most people probably do the first year they move to Nashville that, for whatever reason, I've never done. I started to actually make future plans for my life here rather than holding back knowing my house could sell and I could move at any moment. I took my house off the market the day a couple looked at it 2 times in one day! It's like part of me had mentally checked out from where I lived and I finally checked back in.

So, I find it ironic that in the time where the majority of my friends are moving, I am so incredibly thankful that I'm staying. It will be my turn to leave someday, maybe a year from now, maybe 10 years from now...only God knows, but for today...and tomorrow...and the next day...

...it's good to be home. :)

1 comment:

Erin said...

i'm so glad to read this, trish. isn't it amazing when God just truly opens our eyes to HIS plan. let's chat soon! AND - how bout you book a ticket to florida!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...