2.18.2009

Camera shopping

I could use some input if anyone feels like offering some...

I am in the process of shopping for a new camera. Mine died almost 2 years ago and I have been using one of my parent's old digital cameras since then. It's definitely worked great for the time being, but I've been wanting something a little fancier.

I'm a huge fan of digital SLRs, and if I had 2 cameras, one would most definitely be a digital SLR, but knowing how much I like to be able to toss my camera in my purse or tuck it in my pocket, I think I'm going to have to go with something a little more compact. I've found a couple that are in-between a compact point-n-shoot and digital SLR.

So, right now I'm between these two cameras - but am open to any other suggestions. I've always been a big Canon fan, so I'm leaning toward theirs...but for some odd reason, the camera uses rechargable AA's instead of a battery pack...which I'm not crazy about. I do, however, really like the flip-out screen for those times when you're taking a group shot without someone behind the camera - which I do quite often.





Option #1: Canon PowerShot SX10









Option #2: Nikon CoolPix P90





I'd love to hear feedback or suggestions if you have any!

3 comments:

the hoops said...

I think you couldn't go wrong with either of them, my only thing is that if you try to put them in your purse for a simple point and shoot it might be kind of bulky. But if you keep your parents point and shoot, than you will be fine. I just know we have a digital SLR and we don't take it nearly as much as our point and shoot because of its size and I love just having a camera in my purse at all times.

Trish said...

Hey Rachel! Actually, both of these are point-n-shoots. They actually fit in the palm of your hand. It's both Canon & Nikon's "inbetween" cameras. They don't have interchangeable lenses like an SLR. I like them because I'm wanting something just a little fancier than the point-n-shoot without going to the bulkiness of an SLR quite yet.

Ian Collins said...

i don't know if you have got your camera yet...but it looks like the Nikon has a greater ISO range....i like that.
i looked at reviews on dpreview.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...